Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I did it.....and it wasn't bad!



I said I would figure out those easel cards and what better day then today....

So I went over to Splitcoast and checked out their tutorial by Beate Johns http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/


Even though my card isn't as fancy as most I think my Mema is going to love it for her B-day.

I used a cream colored card stock for the base of the card, then a piece of "open daisy" by Paper Adventures (I've had this paper for over a year plus so it was good to use it finally), followed up by 3 white flower eyelets, 2 flowers , and 1 rivet (in the center of the flowers). I embossed the letters MEMA to give it a more "I love you more than Hallmark" feel, and of course I put a little "I love you mema" note inside.
Over all I really like these cards they weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, maybe just the fact that I'm sooooo new I just scared myself silly. I really have to stop doing that.

1 comment:

  1. lovely easel card ;) thanks for joining the Alota challenge :)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete